Sunday, July 20, 2014

A few weeks off, a Vegas vacation, and an engagement announcement!

I've taken a few weeks off from blogging about my meal preps. I promise it's for a good reason, though! I've been preoccupied with wedding planning because I'm recently engaged!


I've said it before, and I'll say it again, we are by no means obsessed with our meal planning. We can go out and enjoy "cheat" meals without feeling bad about it. But, for the most part, we enjoy our clean eating and choose to lead healthy lifestyles.

With that being said, we ate lots of delicious food while visiting Las Vegas. One of our favorite meals was Gordon Ramsay's BurGR! I had a chicken burger and it was amazing. BurGR is a definite recommendation from me if you ever have the chance to visit.

The week before we left for vacation I made one of the happiest finds of my meal prepping life! My local Kroger Marketplace (where I do all of my grocery shopping) has daily prepared salmon, tilapia, and steak and are made with sodium-free seasonings. They also have daily prepared BBQ chicken that is really delicious. This find has significantly cut down on my meal prep time because now all I really have to prepare is our boneless, skinless chicken breasts and roasted vegetables.
This week I also tried brussels sprout for the first time! I love cabbage and have been told that's basically what they taste like. I took a chance on roasting them with the rest of my vegetables and they actually turned out wonderful! It's something I'll definitely be putting them into the vegetable rotation.

Do you have any meal prep tips or suggestions? Please share them with me! I'm always interested in trying new foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment