Sunday, June 8, 2014

My First Meal Prep

I've been asked by a few friends to share my meal preps, so I'll start from the beginning.

I started meal prepping because Jake (my boyfriend) and I wanted to start eating healthier. He's been a "gym rat" for years and got me into the "gym rat" lifestyle in August of 2013. I started going to the gym with him just to spend more time with him and once I saw my first "gains" I was hooked. I've been in the gym (We go to 10 Fitness) or at ZenStudio Fitness almost every day since then.

Anyway, we both hit a plateau of sorts and knew the only way to change our physiques was to change our diets. So, I did a little research and jumped full force into meal prepping.

My first prep (March 16, 2014):


My first meal prep wasn't awful, but I realize now each meal was just a little too much food. And, it took several hours to complete because I wasn't sure exactly how to cook my veggies all at once. Meal prepping has been a trial and error experience, for sure. I won't pretend to remember how I cooked all of this, so I'll just give the basics of what's included.

These meals included: baked Tilapia fish, baked skinless chicken tenders, turkey and spaghetti squash with low sodium marinara sauce, turkey and veggie soup, and canned tuna mixed with greek yogurt, seedless red grapes, and chopped gala apples. The veggie choices included: asparagus, green beans, sweet potatoes, and celery (the celery came with peanut butter). 

No comments:

Post a Comment