Sunday, June 8, 2014

How My Meal Preps Changed

My meal preps finally changed for the better when I attended an Eat Clean, Get Lean workshop at ZenStudio Fitness taught by health coach Elizabeth Finch. It was there I learned how to plan the best diet for myself. I learned the importance of pairing healthy proteins and fats with carbs. I learned how to  make healthy choices while eating out (I've been doing better with this one, even though I will still chow down on a good Big Orange burger). But, the biggest thing I took away from this workshop is how to prep my veggies! This lesson has been invaluable to me and the lesson learned is to roast my vegetables all together with some Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a little bit of sea salt. This has completely changed the way I meal prep.

So, I take my veggies of choice for each prep, put some tin foil on a baking sheet, put all of veggies on the sheet and put the Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sea salt on them, then cover them with tin foil and roast them in the oven on 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.

I also now shop at the Farmer's Market or buy local and organic produce when I can find it at Kroger. I've found that the local and organic foods just taste better.

Today I tried a meatball recipe I am extremely excited about. I mixed together a pound of 97/3 lean ground turkey meat, grated parmesan cheese, minced garlic, parsley, spinach, and one egg. I rolled the mixture out into 12 meatballs and baked them for 25 minutes at 375 degrees.

Do you have any good healthy meatball recipes? Please share them!



No comments:

Post a Comment