Monday, June 16, 2014

Asian Inspired Flank Steak

Today's meal prep was not what I had originally planned to eat this week. I went grocery shopping at a particular super center I try to avoid at all costs just because I had some gift cards that needed to be spent. And, as I suspected before I even went shopping, they did not have fresh fish. So, I happened upon some flank steak on sale and decided to give it a go.

At first I was thinking I wanted to do a play on stir-fry. I didn't have any rice for the stir-fry, but I did have some quinoa I needed to finish off. Thus, my play on stir fry.

I cooked the steak on the stove top on medium-high heat until cooked through (quinoa was boiled separately). I added onions, minced garlic, and sodium-free soy sauce to add flavor.  Once everything was cooked I mixed it together (as pictured) and added a little more sodium-free soy sauce to add flavor to the quinoa and VOILA ... my creation (and, not to toot my own horn, but it tastes awesome).

For the rest of my meal prep, I baked boneless, skinless chicken breast and roasted my vegetables. My vegetables are roasted in the oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. I picked up some corn on the cob from the Little Rock Farmers' Market that I'm very excited to try this week! Other vegetables included this week are squash, sweet potatoes, and asparagus!

Happy eating!


No comments:

Post a Comment